Sunday, April 22, 2018

Happiness is the 1996 gem "Luigi's Welcome" sung by Jerry Hadley


The song is from the film, The Adventures of Pinocchio, and is adapted from the 1880 Neapolitan song "Funiculi, Funicula".





The sun . . . she's like-a the luscious yellow cherry, without the pit, without the pit
The day . . . so bright and extraordinary, so welcome it, so welcome it!
My wife . . . she sparkles like a ray of sunlight, she smiles at me, she smiles at me
A queen . . .  to grace the morning with her yawning, and I her king, and you her king!

Welcome! Welcome! Blessed morning sun . . .

The dawn . . . she's breaking all across the valley, here comes the sun, here comes the sun
The dawn . . . she sang Wake Up Everybody! the day's begun, the day's begun
The bells . . . they're ringing loudly in the steeple, they ring for me, they ring for me!
This town . . . has got a lot of friendly faces, to sing with me, to sing with me! . . .