Saturday, December 31, 2016

Sorry, but 2016 was pretty good!

  • Politics kept EVERY day entertaining all year long, a downpayment on the entertainment which is sure to follow in 2017.
  • The Denver Broncos won the Super Bowl. I still admire John Elway after all these years. An American original.
  • I got a new dishwasher which actually washes the dishes clean on the first try, and still does.
  • Somebody in my household got a full-time job for the first time in 8 YEARS, probably because . . .
  • Obama is going bye-bye and it's finally looking safe to hire again on the periphery of the economy where we operate.
  • The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. No, really, they did.
  • Another person in my household found an interesting and promising career path.
  • Lots of family visited, and gramps turned 90.
  • And there was a wedding in the family. Imagine that. Now imagine babies. I don't care if they're Chinese.
  • We won't have to wake up every day and hear Hillary promise "I won't do that again".
  • And Chris Plante of WMAL in DC announced he will be syndicated in 2017. Best talk show out there, if you ask me. And also if you don't ask me. If talking is an art form, what he does is sort of analogous to pointillism, a mostly abandoned technique. A daily dose of smart invective hurled at WaPo and CNN, delivered with biting humor and panache. He subscribes and watches so you don't have to. AND IT'S FREE!
  • Happy New Year everybody!