Thursday, July 25, 2013

Bunny Has Left The Building

Well, the bunny has just left the building. I swear he grew an inch taller overnight even though he didn't touch the carrot and lettuce we left out for him right next to the piano before we went to bed.

I slept on the couch last night in the hope that I'd wake up and catch the little fellow trying to get out where he came in, but no such luck.

I woke up about 2:45 this morning and evidently while I slept bunny had decided to leave the confines of the piano and drop some turds in the dining room and pee in the corner. The cats came up from the basement about 5 and went out, but not before Pal's nose clued me in to the present on the tile in the corner. So even though I was awake and heard some clunks in the piano around 4 I was disappointed in my silent watch. Just as well. They are almost impossible to catch with three sets of bare hands, let alone one.

So after making some inquiries this morning I had resolved to line the bottom of the piano with fresh cut onions by removing the access panel above the pedals, but when my son decided to begin his piano practice he discovered that bunny had already come out of his own accord, and was behind it again. I guess enduring one more practice session was just too much to ask of bunny, and no, my son is not practicing Prokofiev at present. 

We prodded him with a long stick once again and bunny decided to head to the breakfast nook, by-passing once again (!) the wide open front door. But eventually we coaxed him back there, and though he stopped short of exiting, a gentle push with a shirt had him tumbling out and finally off the stairs to ground.

Just another day in paradise.

Good luck little bunny. You are a hail fellow well met, or something.